Chandra Kusuma School grants two types of scholarships for the National Curriculum Program: Partial and Full Scholarship.
Partial scholarship (previously titled “subject scholarship”) is worth between 10% to 50% of fees and is given based on the strength of a student in a particular subject and it is reviewed on an annual basis.
Who may apply
The school wishes to assist pupils aged, form SD 3, SD 6 and SMP 3 join or continue their education at the school.
The scholarship will be given in the form of:
1st Year – 10% of 12 months school fees
2nd Year – 20% of 12 months school fees
3rd Year – 50% of 12 months school fees
After the 3rd year, the pupil must re-submit his/her application. Pupils may continue to be supported at the rate of 50% of annual school fee for another three-year period subject to satisfactory academic and behavioural reports and additional testing (if needed).*
The scholarship cannot be converted into monies. If the pupil ceases studying in the school for any reason, the scholarship will be automatically revoked. The scholarship cannot be transferred to a sibling or another candidate.
New candidates will be selected at the next academic intake.
A student who is interested in applying for this scholarship must pick up an application form from the Academic Coordinator, Principals' Office or lobby. A copy of additional evidence and recommendation letters from subject, form tutor and school counsellor must be attached when application is submitted. An application is void if recommendation letters are not included.
It is the responsibility of individual students to get necessary evidence to support the application!
Application can be made at any time before the submission deadline ; 4th May 2015 – 4pm.
Scholarship Eligibility:Requirements for Evaluation
- Completed application form with evidence and recommendations attached. If student has been in CK for less than 12 months, his/her report from last three semesters from previous school must be included.
- Strong commitment and loyalty to school.
- Excellent school attendance.
- Actively involved in school activities.
- Has never been involved in any major disciplinary action or in probation.
- Must achieve grade A ( 90 and above) for English.
Note: Evidence of external activities may be provided to assist in evaluation process. Extra points will be awarded to students who hold position of responsibility or leadership.
Students are subject to interview and tests/audition or portfolio review as required.
See below for types of testing and evaluation conducted to select scholarships recipient:
Conditions for Scholarships
Scholarships are reviewed annually by the Education Committee on the criteria of:
1. Sustained performance in the subject (Minimum average A ( 90 and above))
2. Sustained language performance: verbal and written
3. Commitment and loyalty to school
4. Minimum of B (80-89) average on core subjects* and C (70-79) average on other subjects
5. Upheld all school rules and regulations without exception.
6. Availability to enter external competitions and actively involved in school activities, especially those which are related to student's scholar subject.
*Core subjects are English, Science, Mathematics and Bahasa Indonesia.
(shortlink : http://goo.gl/z16oPZ)